The original 1952 college theater was demolished and replaced by a state-of-the-art teaching theater with 279 seats. The new project has full theatrical lighting and sound facilities, a larger stage with space above to fly scenery out of audience view, larger dressing rooms with showers and full costume shop. Scenery can now be built in the scene shop and moved to the stage. Before, all large scenery pieces were built on stage, limiting stage use for classes and rehearsals. The new theater greatly increases the variety of productions that can be offered.